Methodological Reviewer: Emilie Joos, MD, FRCSC, University of British Columbia
Clinical Reviewer: Matt Kaminsky, MD, FRCSC, FACS, Cook County Health
Clinical Reviewer: Kelly Vogt, MD, FRCSC, Western University
Please read the above articles and be prepared to discuss the following:
- What is the clinical question being addressed?
- Were all of the realistic clinical strategies compared?
- Were all clinically relevant outcomes considered?
- Was an explicit and sensible process used to identify, select and combine the evidence into probabilities?
- Were the utilities obtained in an explicit and sensible way from credible sources?
- Was the potential impact of any uncertainty in the evidence determined in the baseline analysis?
- Does one strategy result in a clinically important gain for patients?
- How strong is the evidence used in the analysis?
- Could the uncertainty in the evidence change the results?
- State the conclusion. Have the authors addressed the clinical question posed?
- Does the evidence support the conclusion?