Methodological Reviewer: Kjetil Soreide, MD, PhD, Department of Surgery, University of Edinburgh
Clinical Reviewer: Alisa Coker, MD, Department of Surgery, John Hopkins University
Clinical Reviewer: Andrew Kirkpatrick, CD, MD, MHSc, FRCSC, FACS, Department of Surgery, University of Calgary
Please read the above articles and be prepared to discuss the following:
- What is the clinical question being addressed?
- Did the analysis provide a full economic comparison of health care strategies?
- Was a broad enough viewpoint adopted?
- Were all the relevant clinical strategies compared?
- Was clinical effectiveness established?
- Were costs measured accurately?
- Were data on costs and outcomes appropriately integrated?
- Was appropriate allowance made for uncertainties in the analysis?
- What were the incremental costs and outcomes of each strategy?
- Do incremental costs and outcomes differ between subgroups?
- State the conclusion. Have the authors addressed the clinical question posed?
- Does the evidence support the conclusion?