Methodological Reviewer: Mantaj S. Brar, MD, MSc, GradStat, FRCSC, Department of Surgery, University of Toronto
Clinical Reviewer: James W. Fleshman MD, FACS, Department of Surgery, Baylor University
Clinical Reviewer: Husein Moloo MD, MSc, FRCSC, Department of Surgery, University of Ottawa
Please read the above articles and be prepared to discuss the following:
- What is the clinical question being addressed?
- What is the study design? Is it appropriate?
- What are the sources of data?
- Are the data accurate and valid?
- What was the intervention and how was it assessed?
- What outcomes were considered?
- Are there other clinically important outcomes that should be considered?
- How large and precise was the difference in the outcome?
- Are there any factors (confounders) that might explain the differences in the results?
- State the conclusion. Have the authors addressed the clinical question posed?
- Does the evidence support the conclusion?