Please note that this module is not eligible for CME credits due to changes in accreditation requirements. This webpage remains as an archive of our past events. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Methodological Reviewer: Mohit Bhandari, MD, PhD, MSc, FRCSC, McMaster University
Clinical Reviewer: Emilie Joos, MDCM, MSc, FRCSC, FACS, University of British Columbia
Clinical Reviewer: Julia Ferreira, MD, MSc, Brazil
Please read the above article and consider the following questions:
- What is the clinical question being addressed?
- What is the study design? Is it appropriate?
- What are the sources of data?
- Are the data accurate and valid?
- What was the intervention and how was it assessed?
- What outcomes were considered?
- Are there other clinically important outcomes that should be considered?
- How large and precise was the difference in the outcome?
- Are there any factors (confounders) that might explain the differences in the results?
- State the conclusion. Have the authors addressed the clinical question posed?
- Does the evidence support the conclusion?