Brunt LM, Deziel DJ, Telem DA, et al. Safe Cholecystectomy Multi-society Practice Guideline and State of the Art Consensus Conference on Prevention of Bile Duct Injury During Cholecystectomy. Ann Surg. 2020;272(1):3-23. doi:10.1097/SLA.0000000000003791
Methodological Reviewer: Keith Lillemoe MD, FACS, Harvard University
Clinical Reviewer: Majella Doyle MD, MBA, FACS, Washington University
Clinical Reviewer: Jeff Barkun MD, MSc, FRCSC, McGill University
Please read the above articles and be prepared to discuss the following:
- What is the clinical question being addressed?
- Did the review explicitly address a sensible clinical question?
- Was the search for relevant studies detailed and exhaustive?
- Were the primary studies of high methodologic quality?
- Were assessments of studies reproducible?
- Were the results similar from study to study?
- What are the overall results of the review?
- How precise were the results?
- Were the clinically important outcomes considered?
- State the conclusion. Have the authors addressed the clinical question posed?
- Does the evidence support the conclusion?