Methodological Reviewer: Des Winter MD, Department of Surgery, University College Dublin
Clinical Reviewer: Amir A. Ghaferi, MD, MS, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan
Please read the above articles and be prepared to discuss the following:
- What is the clinical question being addressed?
- Was there a representative and well-defined sample of patients at a similar point in the course of the disease?
- Was follow-up sufficiently long and complete?
- Were objective and unbiased outcome criteria used?
- Was there adjustment for important prognostic factors?
- How large is the likelihood of the outcome event(s) in a specified period of time? How precise are the estimates of likelihood?
- Will the results help me in caring for my patients?
- Will the results lead directly to selecting or avoiding therapy?
- Are the results useful for reassuring or counseling patients?
- State the conclusion. Have the authors addressed the clinical question posed?
- Does the evidence support the conclusion?