RCPSC Maintenance of Certification Category I Credits
Participation in EBRS is an Accredited Group Learning Activity as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. To obtain RCPSC Maintenance of Certification Credits Category 1 you must read the articles, comment on the articles or with the designated clinical and methodological experts for the month, complete the monthly online evaluation and answer the monthly online multiple choice questions related to the monthly package. Each completed package earns you 6hrs of Category 1 credits, and a certificate will be awarded. If interested in obtaining monthly Category 1 Maintenance of Certification Credits please register on the EBRS website.
Online Monthly Modules
Eight packages are produced each academic year. The packages are available beginning in October and finishing in May of the following year.
There are a number of archived modules also available for purchase. These modules are available for Category 2 credits and each completed package earns you 1hr of Category 2 credits.
Modules usually contain 2-3 Articles, 2-3 Expert Reviews, an Evaluation, a short multiple choice quiz, and the ability to participate in the discussion via the comment forms.
Monthly modules will release a new section of the module each week following its activation on the first of the month.
Access to Monthly Packages
To access the clinical and methodological articles, click on the module you are interested in participating in and take the item to checkout.
Upon successful completion of your order, you will be able to gain access to the module. If you are a CAGS member in good standing, you will be able to purchase an annual membership to all available modules using coupon code: cags2018
How to Complete a Module
Click/Tap on a module and then complete each section as it becomes available.
The following are required to complete a monthly module:
- Read the overview and the clinical and methodological articles by clicking on the titles on the Articles tab. Mark each article as complete (using button), and then the checkmark above the article title will become green.
- Read the clinical and methodological reviews – access Expert Reviews tab. Mark each as complete once read.
- Participate in the discussion – must post at least one comment (i.e. liked the article and reason why) – access the Discussion tab
- Complete the evaluation – access the Evaluation tab
- Complete the multiple choice questions (MCQs) – access the MCQs for CME tab
Once all sections of a module have been completed you will able to download your certificate from your Dashboard (if the module awards credits for completion).
Add a Shortcut: How to add the app icon to mobile phone or tablet for quick access
Most devices will let allow you to create shortcuts on your home screen so you can quickly access your favorite websites. It eliminates the need to type a web address every time you want to access the site – just tap on its shortcut to open the page.
The method of doing may vary slightly from phone to phone, or tablet to tablet.
Apple Iphone or Ipad:
- Visit the EBRS.online website using your favourite browser on your phone.
- Scroll down to icons at bottom of your phone and click on the icon with the arrow jumping out of the box
- Tap on Add to Home Screen
- The app icon should now appear on your phone or tablet
- Open your browser on your Android and go to EBRS.Online
- Press the Menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser), then tap on Page
- Tap Add to Home Screen
- Your shortcut should now appear on your home screen
Updating your Profile
Your profile should be completed upon initial registration.
To edit your profile please visit: https://ebrs.online/my-account/edit-account/
There you can upload your profile picture, modify your email address or work details, or change your password.
If you are an existing and active CAGS member, please remember to use the same email address for your EBRS account as your CAGS login in order to take advantage of your complimentary subscription.
2021-2022 Module Schedule
Schedule for 2021-2022:
- February 2021- Oncoplastic Surgery for Breast Cancer
- April 2021- Blunt Cerebrovascular Injury: The Case for Universal Screening
- November 2021- Large Hiatus Hernia: Suture vs. Absorbable Mesh vs Nonabsorbable Mesh
- December 2021- Safe Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: Practices, Preparation, and Prevention
More webinars coming soon!
Please email the EBRS Administrative Coordinator, Silas Yip, if you require additional information or assistance with EBRS.