Roberts DJ, Zygun DA, Grendar J, et al. Negative-pressure wound therapy for critically ill adults with open abdominal wounds; A systematic review. J Trauma Acute Surg 2012;73:629-639
Methodological Reviewer: Harry Henteleff MD, Department of Surgery, Dalhousie University
Clinical Reviewer: Neil Parry MD, FRCSC, BSc, Department of Surgery, University of Western Ontario
Clinical Reviewer: Clay Cothren Burlew MD, FACS, Department of Surgery, University of Colorado
von Elm E, Altman DG, Egger M, et al. The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemilology (STROBE) statement; guidelines for reporting observational studies. Ann Int Med 2007;147:573-577
- What is the clinical question being addressed?
- Did the review explicitly address a sensible clinical question?
- Was the search for relevant studies detailed and exhaustive?
- Was there a qualitative and/or quantative assessment of hetrogeneity?
- Are the interventions adequately described?
- Were the clinically important outcomes consdiered?
- Was there adequated reporting or results including descriptive information of each study?
- Was there an assessment of potential biases?
- What are the overall results of the review?
- Was there adequate reporting using the Strobe checklist?
- Was there a discussion of what future research is required?
- State the conclusion. Have the authors the question posed?
- Does the evidence support the conclusion?