Yamamoto M et al. Risk factors for SSI after stoma closure comparison between pursestring wound closure and conventional linear wound closure; propensity score matching analysis. Am J Surg 2018;215(1):58-61
Methodological Reviewer: Lillian Kao MD, MS FACS, Department of Surgery, University of Texas
Clinical Reviewer: Lawrence Lee MD, PhD, Department of Surgery, McGill University
Clinical Reviewer: Scott Strong MD, FACS, FRCSC, Department of Surgery, Northwestern University
Please read the above articles and be prepared to discuss the following:
- What is the clinical question being addressed?
- What is the study design?
- What is the source of data
- Are the data accurate and valid?
- Is the matching appropriate and are the 2 groups similar?
- Identify potential biases that might account for differences in the conclusions?
- What outcomes were assessed and are they clinically relevant and sensitive?
- Are the differences clinically significant?
- Are further studies required?
- State the conclusion. Have the authors addressed the clinical question posed?
- Do the data support the conclusions?