Featured Articlelogged in to access articles
Methodological Reviewer: Tim Pawlik MD, MPH, PhD, FACS, FRACS (Hon.) Department of Surgery, Ohio University
Clinical Reviewer: Rebecca Auer MD, MSc, FRCSC, Department of Surgery, University of Ottawa
Clinical Reviewer: Thomas Aloia MD, FACS, Department of Surgery, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Please read the above articles and be prepared to discuss the following:
- What is the clinical question being addressed?
- What is the study design? Is it appropriate?
- What are the sources of data?
- Are the data accurate and valid?
- What was the intervention and how was it assessed?
- What outcomes were considered?
- Are there other clinically important outcomes that should be considered?
- How large and precise was the difference in the outcomes?
- Are there any factors (confounders) that might explain the results?
- State the conclusion. Have the authors addressed the clinical question posed?
- Does the evidence support the conclusion?